Join Campfire Technology
Ready to start helping writers tell incredible stories? Join us! Browse the job openings below, and if you think you’re a good fit, send an application our way. We look forward to hearing from you!
Location: Boston, MA or Knoxville, TN
We are looking for a Digital Content Coordinator skilled in graphic design to create various types of content for Campfire Technology, including blog posts, videos of the software, and managing our social media accounts.
Digital Content Coordinator responsibilities include producing marketing copy to advertise our products, writing blog posts about industry-related topics, creating video, and managing/promoting our content on social media. Additionally, those with experience in creating videos and media with Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop are preferred. Applicants should be comfortable with learning new software to utilize Campfire’s products to create digital content. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with digital publishing and generating traffic and leads for new business. Please share samples of your work (portfolio or links to published articles) along with your application. Please also share your experience in creative writing or playing tabletop RPG games.
Ultimately, you will help us reach our target audience by delivering both useful and appealing online information about our company and products.
- Research industry-related topics
- Prepare well-structured drafts using digital publishing platforms
- Create and distribute marketing copy to advertise our company and products
- Interview industry professionals and incorporate their views in blog posts
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimize content
- Promote content on social networks and monitor engagement (e.g. comments and shares)
- Identify customers’ needs and recommend new topics
- Measure web traffic to content (e.g. conversion and bounce rates)
- Create videos using Campfire Technology’s software
- Proven work experience as a Content Creator, Copywriter, Social Media Coordinator, or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- An ability to fact-check long-form content pieces
- Time-management skills
- Ability to work well remotely
- Familiarity with SEO
- BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism or relevant field is preferred but not required
Who We Are
Campfire Technology creates story design software that helps writers develop their stories. Its software includes tools for character development, story timelines, worldbuilding, and more, allowing storytellers to write better stories, faster. Whether you want to write a novel, screenplay, essay, or just write for fun, Campfire’s software streamlines the prewriting phase to make beginning your project more efficient and staying on track easier.
As a start-up business founded by college students who are also writers, Campfire understands what storytellers want out of writing software. When building updates and creating future projects, the company readily accepts community feedback and feature suggestions to best cater to its users. Campfire Technology values transparency and prioritizes consistent website and social media updates to keep users informed.
The company promotes the craft of storytelling by inspiring young people to write. By sponsoring writers and donating software to schools in low-income areas, the company works to inspire diverse stories. Campfire Technology asserts that storytelling is the best way to share ideas and learn from the experiences of others, and therefore strives to assist writers as they imagine, plan, and tell their stories.